Maybe you will be able to come to dinner and share this Danish experience when we come home. That is if I can get them all home.
Of course, the Danish people feel that they have to serve you something when you come to visit. Saft (juice) and Danish Pastry. Yes it was good. Thank you Sister Gudran
Here they are. We will serve, Flaskesteg (roast port), Rodkal (red cabbage), small round potatoes and cream gravy on the dinner plate. Then we will have a green salad (my idea) on the Juleaften or Christmas Eve plate and you have their special roles on the role plate. For dessert we will be serving Danish Chirstmas rice pudding with cherry juble on top or a slice of ice cream with sauces. Slice yourself a piece and put it on the Christmas plate, and enjoy.
Just a note. They always have you dish up your own first. I never knew how the right way to do it or how much. Then you must wait for the hostess to say (my version) "Lets Go".

The smaller plate is RC Mother's Day plate. I have one for all my children's birth year plus some for grandchildren.


Yes we will serve herb tea or hot chocolate after visiting for an hour after dinner. We will have small cookies and pastry and candy. Enjoy.
The plates in the center are the Julieaften (night before Christmas plates)

Are you coming to dinner?










1 comment:
SURE!! I will hold you to your promise.
Post a Comment