Sunday, December 02, 2007


I love Christmas pictures and so here are last year's pictures in our old apartment.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKNe3soHcEh_lMcuLwCCqzimlN68gEfgERFDoPXWwifyreInrTOdxwv9b9z1532t8jbr7eSaKvPR6q-BzBq_FRH0zCGzNFWiK5wVRXNQXq1IMdrpRM5UEQi6oFPot07HzIezH1/s1600-r/s.wildings+banner+pic+372.jpg">src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKcXAcGXPQhjyIOhpSV65rQFp_uJYsG6vlycLvcTwQXriEpPyyCHH1FLvAdQsYIn1V8gB_0tjhFsR6t7LBiJC8JxW8C1eQaTl__uq-KFJXDtlWcGm1JYFm0fBKaxu6tzkkaQlP/s320/s.wildings+banner+pic+372.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5139493856056506306" />

This was our house or apartment or flat. We lived on the second floor and that is our car out in front.






Yes it snowed last year but not for Christmas. Most of the time it just rained.

















Our table was decorated with nobby cork screw branches that is a traditional thing in Denmark. Usually they hang them up on the ceiling and hang ornaments from them. Notice we are eating soup and our guest haven't arrived. We just set the table in case someone came. It made it more homey. Notice the wreath with candles hanging from the ceiling. Gary and I finally figured out how to make it hang. We had fun lighting the candles every Sunday before Christmas.


























Rice pudding for dessert with cherry sauce called Risalamand. It is a special rice cooked in milk and whipped cream folded in. One almond would be in the pudding and who ever got it got a prize.















This was our tree. I spent a lot of time decorating it. It is an advent candle decoration. It is suppose to hang from the ceiling. I hadn't figured out how to do that. No, that is a cloth I got at a Gunbrough (second hand store) not a marble top. Just an old bookcase. Also, I hung our candle ornaments on the side. This year I have a tree to hang them on but sent them home already.






This is our bedroom. Pat, notice how your blanket we brought brings that Christmas feeling. I do have fern branches on the window seal and would light small candles among the branches.









Haruka, from Japan, came to visit us for New Years. This was her bedroom (our front room). Our bedroom was behind the brick archway.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your table with the 2 extra place settings is beautiful. I bet you two have alot of fun together.

Rebecca said...

Mom, it all looks great. I think I would like to hang a wreath from the ceiling. I also liked the ornaments hanging in front of the windows in the slide show you sent. Very pretty. Merry Christmas.

kissa em jaxx said...

Does rice Pudding have real rice in it. I miss you.

The Peterson 5 said...

Rice pudding with the one almond is one of our traditions now. Every Christmas Eve everyone gets pudding and, as you said, the one with the almond gets a prize. Is this Danish or Norwegian..., or just Scandinavian?

Home Now

I guess it is time to move on and start another blog.  I have been sick and not really with it.  So . . . something will be coming.

Here We Come

Here We Come
Here We Come!

Look who's here to welcome us home.

We were all excited to see each other.

We were all excited to see each other.
We were all excited to see each other.

Welcome

Welcome
A welcome sign, our grandchildren, what else do we need to welcome us home.

Denmark in Utah

Denmark in Utah
I brought a little of Denmark home with me to share with all my grandchildren. Everyone gets a ride who wants one.

Goodbye to Denmark

Goodbye to Denmark
Good bye

Goodbye to The Andersons

Goodbye to The Andersons
Brother Anderson and his family took such good care of us at the office.

Goodbye to The Wainscotts

Goodbye to The Wainscotts
Andrea and Brian adopted us as their parents for our stay in Denmark. We are going to miss them.

Some of our favorite places in Denmark.

Denmark we love.

Jylland with the agetpar

Make a PhotoShow Full Size