Well, today I decided to see how the Danish Health Care system worked. I have been suffering from an internal infection for months and last night it got me. I went down with chills and aches. In the morning, we decided to call Dr. Gardner in Germany and he suggested we go to an instant care. So off to the instant care. After 2 hour wait in a dirty waiting room, where I wanted to lay down on the floor before I fainted, we finally got in to see the Dr. I had to go through about 20 people waiting in the outer office to the toilet to get a urine specimen. It was embarrassing, but I didn’t care. The Doctor told us that we shouldn’t have come to the clinic and called an ambulance to get me. Dad said he had a car but the Dr didn’t want me fainting in the car. So off to the hospital I went without the serine. When I got there they took me in the stretcher to the examining room. There the nurse checked me in and a Dr from Russia came shortly and did an ultra sound. They wanted to rule out kidney stones. Which they did and said that I had a high temperature and a real bad infection and that I would have to stay in the hospital for two or three days, until my temperature went down.
They were a little concerned about my cough and took x-rays. Haven’t heard back on that. But I continue to cough, of course. I told them this wasn't new, I always coughed. I kept taking my adrenal gland pills and they helped me control the violent attacks.
The Danish lady next to me is really nice and speaks a little English and I understand a little Danish. So we are getting along. I think she has the TV on with ear phones so she doesn’t hear me cough. I can’t go to sleep, because she has the TV light on, so I thought I would write. Can’t find an Internet connection but maybe tomorrow. I sure would like to talk to someone. The Elders have called twice and I have to go to the desk to talk. I don’t think they realize that. I am just really hot now. Hope my fever breaks tonight and homeward bound I go. I would just love to hang out in my apartment.
Oct 16, 2007
This is my third day in the hospital. They have been very nice to me but it has been a little hard, as I didn’t know how to turn the TV on, use the phone or know which soap to wash my body with until Benjamin Anderson came by. Before that I really didn’t care.
Well, now I am home. my fever broke. I went in with 38 and it got up to 40. Now it is 37 something. Don't know how that compares to 98.6 but they said I was real sick. The Doctor said that I could come home and do what I was doing there at home. That was resting and taking my medicine. So Dad broke away from the office and came and got me and brought me home. I have already had Sister Magstatt and Sister Kelley come to visit. Tina Paulsen, from the Ward was going to stop by but hasn’t. I have to go down and unlock the gate to the stairs or elevator as they can’t get in. (Unless they are like Elder Tillotson and can climb up the side as he has done twice.)But I do have a cell phone people can call if it is working.
So we don’t know the verdict yet, but I am taking high power antibiotics that should cure my pneumonia and kidney infection or anything else I might have.
It sure is nice to be home to my beautiful apartment with my fantastic view and to listen to the bird’s quacks and the waterfall.
Thanks all for trying to call me. I told the nurse that I had to go home so that I could talk to my kids on the internet. So they let me go home and now all my kids called me at the hospital. They probably are wondering why I went home, because I could have stayed and talked there. But it is great to be home. Just sent the last of our visitors, Ben and Rebecca Anderson home. Rebecca brought me more stuff from home. Good night. Oh by the way, I did send the Danish lady home with a Danish Ensign and she would like to have the missionaries come by. I also gave out passalong cards to everone. There must have been a reason I was there. At lease I was going to make it a reason if I could. You just can't go to the hospital just to get better can you.










1 comment:
Sister Petersen I have decided that you just need to calm the freak down. And you better knock it off with that coughing business. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment