Sunday, October 07, 2007

Well, it has been awhile. So many things are happening. We finally made our move to our new apartment on the lake. It is beautiful and the water fountains sound so soothing. It took us a week to move all our stuff and to coordinate with everyone to acquire all our furniture. We found some on Craiglist.com clear over here in Denmark.

Well, we don't have a land phone, just a cell phone. And the cell phone we were using we gave to the President because it had a blue tooth. Well we got a new one and it fell off my skirt the other day. But we are borrowing one and when we came home on Wed. night the battery was dead. That was ok because we didn't want to be bothered. We had had a hard day. So we went to bed about 9:30 since we only had candle light in the front room anywat. Well, we heard a banging on the window. I jumped up and looked out the front window and couldn't see any one. We have a locked gate at the bottom of the stairs and no phone so people can't ring us.

After I climbed back in bed I thought, What about the back door off of the lake? How could anyone be there? Well, they were. It was Elder Turner and Tillotson. The President wanted them to trade us the van so they could pick up a new CES couple coming in the am. So we traded keys and waited for them to come back.

Elder Peterson was watching out the front door and there comes Elder Tillotson climing up the outside of the staircase. We live on the 2nd floor. He asekd him what he was doing and he told him, "Just bringing you the keys". Elder Peterson told him he had the key in his hand that opened the door. He just climbed back down, very easily I would say. It sure gave us a good feeling to know that we were very safe. Not. Anyone could or at least Elder Tillotson could break in any time.

So we settle back in bed and then thoughts keep coming through our mind. Then we realized that he didn't leave us the key to the other car. Well, I thought that we would just call them in the am on Skype and they would bring us a key. Well, in the am, I went to my computer and found out that it was dead and my power cord was at the office. So here we were, stranded in the middle of Copenhagen, in our beautiful apartment without any connection to the outer world.

About 9:15, we decided we better figure out the bus schedule to get to work. Then a knock came at the door. It was Elder Tillotson, who had climbed up the balcony again to give us the key. So off to work we went. Around 10:30 we get a call from the Assistants that they can't find Elder and Sister Clark. They wanted me to check their flight schedule again. I did and would you believe, we all read it wrong. There the President and his Assistant were at the airport for an hour waiting for the Clark to come in and they don't come until Friday. What a trail run.

I will send pictures later.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow...what an adventure. I loved to read about experiences you are having there and hearing about the people you serve with. Great Picture too.

Home Now

I guess it is time to move on and start another blog.  I have been sick and not really with it.  So . . . something will be coming.

Here We Come

Here We Come
Here We Come!

Look who's here to welcome us home.

We were all excited to see each other.

We were all excited to see each other.
We were all excited to see each other.

Welcome

Welcome
A welcome sign, our grandchildren, what else do we need to welcome us home.

Denmark in Utah

Denmark in Utah
I brought a little of Denmark home with me to share with all my grandchildren. Everyone gets a ride who wants one.

Goodbye to Denmark

Goodbye to Denmark
Good bye

Goodbye to The Andersons

Goodbye to The Andersons
Brother Anderson and his family took such good care of us at the office.

Goodbye to The Wainscotts

Goodbye to The Wainscotts
Andrea and Brian adopted us as their parents for our stay in Denmark. We are going to miss them.

Some of our favorite places in Denmark.

Denmark we love.

Jylland with the agetpar

Make a PhotoShow Full Size