Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well, we had our last Zone Conference for Sjaelland today. They realized that it was probably our last one so we got a little attention. We bore our testimonies and some bore theirs. They were so sweet and we all cried. I am going to miss these special missionaries. I love being with them. They "Built me up". What a great experience it has been to be with such strong, bold missionaries.

They remarked that they couldn't have had 54 baptisms last year if it weren't for our support. That made us feel real good as we sometimes wondered if we were making a difference here in Denmark. I think we have and I thank my Heaven Father for this opportunity every day we are here. But it was not a good by it was a see you later. Having been in Heaven here on our mission, we are headed back to earth to the real life. All missionaries have to go through this process of change and it is very emotional.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I know you have made a difference there. The missionaries love you! We can't wait to see you!

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you have had these experiences. Those missionaries do love you and it will be like saying good-bye to parents again for them--you are so good at taking care of them. I am excited to have you both home again. I love you and we are all so proud of you (pleased!).

Jennifer Never said...

Can't wait to see you guys!! Cora is sooooo excited to see you. I bet all the missionaries just loved you guys and so appreciated having "mom and dad" on their mission with them. I know you touched so many lives. If I were a missionary I would have loved you on my mission. But I'm even luckier than them because I get to be with you for eternity!!

Anna said...

You guys really have made a difference! Emily and i got to see that when we were there! you are awesome missionaries! your blog is also awesome! you can check me and my new husbands out at KAcountrykids.blogspot.com
love you guys!

Anna said...

oh, and make sure to say hi to elder hoffman for me before you leave! :)

Elise said...

Oh You Guys! I bet your going to miss it so much there! I know you made all the difference in the world to those missionaries. I'm so excited to see you too though and can't wait for you both to come home! Love You Guys so much!

Home Now

I guess it is time to move on and start another blog.  I have been sick and not really with it.  So . . . something will be coming.

Here We Come

Here We Come
Here We Come!

Look who's here to welcome us home.

We were all excited to see each other.

We were all excited to see each other.
We were all excited to see each other.

Welcome

Welcome
A welcome sign, our grandchildren, what else do we need to welcome us home.

Denmark in Utah

Denmark in Utah
I brought a little of Denmark home with me to share with all my grandchildren. Everyone gets a ride who wants one.

Goodbye to Denmark

Goodbye to Denmark
Good bye

Goodbye to The Andersons

Goodbye to The Andersons
Brother Anderson and his family took such good care of us at the office.

Goodbye to The Wainscotts

Goodbye to The Wainscotts
Andrea and Brian adopted us as their parents for our stay in Denmark. We are going to miss them.

Some of our favorite places in Denmark.

Denmark we love.

Jylland with the agetpar

Make a PhotoShow Full Size