Starting a Missionary Miracle Log
Just thought I would write a little about our mission. Whenever our missionaries talk to us they end with “Can I do anything for you?” Sometimes they are sorry they asked because I always have something for them to do if I am at work. Well, I have started saying, “Find me a miracle and then report back.” Now I am saying “Assist the Lord in creating a miracle and then report back.”
Since we are not out meeting people and creating our own missionary miracles I want some stories from them to put in our monthly mission paper, the “Banner.” I also want some to share with others and on my blog.
So last night one of my favorite Elders called all excited to tell me his miracle for the day. Remember these miracles are just small but very important. Well, they had been teaching a 75 yr old lady and it was progressing along and she has been very positive. Today they taught her about the Word of Wisdom which they thought could be a problem because she smoked a pipe, drank alcohol, and at the time of the lesson she was drinking a cup of coffee. They had her repeat back what they had taught and she fully understood. She went out to the kitchen and dumped her coffee into the sink, and committed to stop smoking and drinking. Their prayers of guidance on what to say and understanding and acceptance from their investigator had been answered. The spirit was so strong while they were teaching. They called me as soon as they left their appointment and they certainly were on a spiritual high. We sure love this work.
I am going to commit to them that when they call me with their miracles, I will take dictation and write it down for them. That is the least I can do. I love these missionaries and am very thankful for the opportunity to serve them and support them. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the chance to be here with them and with my eternal company, Elder Gary D Peterson. We are having a delightful and faith promoting experience together.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Now
I guess it is time to move on and start another blog. I have been sick and not really with it. So . . . something will be coming.
Here We Come
Here We Come!
Look who's here to welcome us home.
We were all excited to see each other.
We were all excited to see each other.
Welcome
A welcome sign, our grandchildren, what else do we need to welcome us home.
Denmark in Utah
I brought a little of Denmark home with me to share with all my grandchildren. Everyone gets a ride who wants one.
Goodbye to Denmark
Good bye
Goodbye to The Andersons
Brother Anderson and his family took such good care of us at the office.
Goodbye to The Wainscotts
Andrea and Brian adopted us as their parents for our stay in Denmark. We are going to miss them.










5 comments:
Grandma that is so neat! God truely does give us miracles everyay and it is important to notice His hand in our lives. Thanks for sharing!
eMiLy sHirLeNe
Wow, I love the ways you are reaching out to others in missionary experiences, helping them recognize their blessings and miracles in their life and then sharing them with us. What a great way to inspire them to do their best and recognize their part in making miracles happen. I love you Mom and Dad.
more stories please. Inspiring those missionaries must feel pretty good
Grandma, that is so great! Those moments when people agree with and understand what you have just taught and then recognize how that applies to them and how they are living their lives, are so great. Definately reason for a spiritual high. I think it's a great idea to make a collection of stories.
oops, sorry! that last comment was from Natalie! I"m still trying to figure ou this whole blogging thing! :)
Post a Comment